Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 2 Progress

This week I edited the points for the study site locations in the excel file to change the degrees and minutes for latitude and longitude into decimal degrees. I was then able to convert these points to shapefiles, which I made in a separate map, and uploaded them to my map. I was having issues getting the points to show up on my initial map with the "tif" files uploaded, so I began a new map, using all of the study site locations, with a bing map as the basemap instead. This has given me a much better start to this project, and I can proceed from here. I hope to speak to Dr. Kolosvary by next blog post, so I can confirm that what I have changed will be okay with her.

One question I have as I proceed is where do I find the New York State Clearinghouse database? I have searched on ArcGis online, but I am not so sure I am finding the correct data for the layers I need at this site. By next blog post, I hope to include whatever layers I can find on the NYS clearinghouse that will be important to the research of the wood frog populations.




No comments:

Post a Comment