Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Final Poster and Map

After all of my work, I was able to come up with a map that encompassed much of what my client, Dr. Kolosvary wanted. I included the layers that she wanted for wetlands, roads, her breeding sites and the park boundary and for the land cover and open area layers she had asked for, we came to an agreement that the raster data was just too cluttered to add to the map. Instead, Dr. Kolosvary said the base map worked well, because we were able to see where the forested areas and open areas were, which was most important. The streams seemed a little too much as well, so we both decided to keep the wetlands, and take away the streams and rivers that took over a lot of the map.

Since I did not have enough time to go to the park after I had learned that the stops along the road and trail maps were another layer she thought of, I did create a separate, georeferenced map which shows where the breeding sites are in relationship to the overall park map. This is the smaller map on the right hand side. I also was able to present my project at the Academic Celebration in the student union, so my poster was printed and displayed at that event, which is something I am very proud of. Below is the final product of my map as well as my poster:

No comments:

Post a Comment