Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week 4 Progress

Last week, I originally found a data set on the clearinghouse which I thought would be helpful entitled "State Historic Sites and Park Boundaries," however this did not show up when I added it to my base map. This week, I was also able to find more information on the NYS GIS Clearinghouse, which was the Saratoga County Tax Parcel Boundaries, which may be a better option for me to determine the correct boundaries for the Saratoga Battlefield. I was also able to unzip the street layers data set from the Clearinghouse. I was also able to find New York State wetland data by looking through the public folder, clicking on hydrography, and then selecting the wetlands. For next week, I would like to have the park boundaries included as well as the land use layer added, which will require meet to do more searching online or in Arc Catalog, because the NYS GIS Clearinghouse does not have this exact data on its site. I also hope to start to edit the symbology to make the map look more professional Below is my map as of now:




2 comments:

  1. Again, looks like you're on top of things. Good to hear that you're making progress and you really know seem to know what you are doing with your project. Hope you got some useful feedback yesterday to further help you along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it seems like you are on track with your project! I definitely think ArcGIS Online could potentially be a helpful resource to use to find additional layers for your map.

    ReplyDelete